Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Yearning and Striving for Change

I think that we have all had times in our lives, different periods where we feel the need to reinvent ourselves.  I feel that I have reached such a point in my life.  I go back and look at my life two years ago versus today. In February of 2011, I had been living in the same apartment for 7 years.  I was still on the dating merry go round, I had no relationship with Jesus, and I had never broken an egg, or baked a day in my life.  I watched the same shows every day.  I had the same routine.  Wake up, get ready for work, go to work, come home, take a nap or do my cat volunteering, have dinner and watch tv or play video games, then start the whole proccess over.

In the past two years, I have met, fell in love, and married the love of my life Charlene Ericson +.  I have reconnected with various family members, have traveled more (Minnesota, Florida, Michigan), and have been exposed to other various new ideas, tv shows and foods. 

Recently, I made the decision to go back to school and obtain a Masters Degree in Library Science.  So in short there have been many changes in my life these past two years.  I feel that I am at a point where I really want to change and grow.  I am feeling a certain dynamic energy around me right now, maybe it's a creative energy.  I believe that this is God calling me to grow and become a better more well rounded person. 

I am beginning to think what my life might be like 5 and 10 years down the road.  I know the answers to some of these questions.  I will be experiencing all of these things with the love of my life and best friend.  Many of these decisions we will make together.  A few I will make on my own (but with lots of input from my better half.)  Such as what area of Library Science do I want to focus in?  Where are their available jobs?  Do we want to stay in Milwaukee, or eventually relocate?  These are just a few of the things to figure out.  Besides talking about them with Charlie,, I have and will continue to pray about them.

Then there is another area of growth that I am thinking about.  Personal growth.  In what ways can I contribute to and grow our marriage.  In what areas can I grow in my relationship with Christ?  What are the qualaties and behaviors that I want to have, IE who do I want to be and why?  What am I doing to grow in these areas, are their things that I am doing or behaviors that I have that are holding me back?  Where can I improve. 

These are just some of the ideas and thoughts that are in my brain right now.  But this is a far cry from the thoughts that were on my mind two years ago today.

No comments:

Post a Comment