Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Keeping My Faith Strong

   I have found it to be quite a challenge to balance, school, my marriage, and my faith.  Every since I finished my Disciple Bible class in May I have struggled to find a routine with my Bible study.  Lately, I have done my Bible reading and meditation sitting in my car about a half hour before work starts.  I have been listening more and more the K Love a Christian music station.

  My heart and mind never wander far from Christ.  He saved my life.  I did not do anything to earn it.  I just gave my heart and life to him.  I will admit to feeling, as I have not held up my end of the bargain though.  Part of being a believer and disciple of Christ, is to go out and spread the Gospel. “19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,” (Matthew 28:19).  I have been so focused on the daily minutiae of schoolwork that I will admit I have lost sight of this calling from time to time.  I am not out there “saving souls”.  At least I do not think I am. 
   What I do is live my life and try to reflect God’s love in my actions every day.  I try (but often fail) to thank him for the blessings in my life.  I sometimes remember to pray before a meal, but often I do not.  I do make a conscious effort though to glorify Him in my actions.  My work ethic is miles better then what it used to be, but I still have a ways to go with that.
   In my marriage, I love my wife Charlie with all my heart, soul, mind and strength.  The same way that I love Jesus.  I wish I had more time to be involved in church activities and ministries.  With school, however I do not have time.  When I am doing school work I try as hard as I can, not just because I enjoy the challenge and want to get the best grades I can, (yeah I am competitive), but because I want to glorify God’s name as a way for leading me to this opportunity to further my education. “Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” (1 Corinthians 10:31).
I love Christ with all my heart, soul mind and strength; I just want my life and actions to reflect that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment