Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Thought Record

     So, I am sitting here right now filling out a Thought Record.  It is a tool from the book Mind Over Mood, that my therapist recommend.  This book is a tool to help a person who wants to change the way they think.  The Thought Record is one of those tools.  The Thought Record has you write down a situation, what moods you are feeling as you have a thought/rumination, what "automatic" thoughts are in your head, identify the Hot Thought, evidence that supports the Hot Thought, evidence that does not support the Hot Thought, alternative/balanced thoughts, and re-rating the moods. 

   I haven't done this very often but I have found that when I have a thought that is really flying through my head filling one of these outs helps me what emotion is behind the thought and understand why I am feeling the way I do, and to figure out whether this thought is accurate or not.  This is a good way to start retraining my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment